Detailed guide: Denmark: providing services and travelling for business after Brexit

Read More..

The authoritative source for Danish market regulations is the government of Denmark. This guidance links to official Danish sources wherever possible.

Denmark trade and services regulations

If you’re a UK business providing services in Denmark, you’ll need to follow Danish regulations about:

  • getting an authorisation or a licence to provide a service
  • complying with local business regulations
  • EEA nationality requirements which could prevent you from providing services in some sectors

Use the Danish Business Authority portal to:

  • find out about providing services in Denmark
  • understand local regulations
  • complete any relevant administrative procedures online

Consider appointing an English-speaking lawyer in Denmark to help you comply with specific regulations. You can also contact your local chamber of commerce for advice

To find out if EEA nationality requirements apply to you, contact the appropriate competent authority or the Danish Business Authority.

VAT on sales of digital services

Businesses can use the UK’s VAT Mini One Stop Shop (MOSS) to declare sales of digital services to Danish consumers made before Brexit.

If you wish to continue to use MOSS after the UK leaves the EU, you will need to register for MOSS in an EU member state.

Find out more about paying VAT on sales of digital services.

Ownership of companies registered in Denmark

If you have a UK business, you might face restrictions on your ability to own, manage or direct a registered company in Denmark or any other EEA country.

Read more about this in our guidance relating to the EEA and Switzerland.

UK legal professionals who have investments in law firms in Denmark should contact the Danish Bar and Law Society for information on what a no-deal Brexit means for your investment.

Business travel and entry requirements

See the latest information on business travel to the EU after Brexit.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Workplace Denmark websites have more information about:

  • visas including intra-corporate transfers
  • work and residence permits
  • supporting documentation
  • other conditions

Social security payments for employees

If you’re sending employees to Denmark, they may need to make social security contributions in both the UK and Denmark.

Find out when you will need to pay social security contributions in the UK, EU and EFTA countries.

Recognition of professional qualifications

Find out if you need to take action by reading our general guidance relating to the EEA and Switzerland.

If you need to take action to secure the recognition of your professional qualification in Denmark, these sources can help you:

UK statutory auditors working in Denmark

For UK statutory auditors, the Danish Business Authority should be able to provide further information.

UK lawyers working in Denmark

If you’re a UK-qualified lawyer working in Denmark, using either a Danish or professional title, you should contact the local Bar association in the region in which you are working or the Danish Bar and Law Society (site in Danish) for specific advice.

Data transfer and GDPR

You may need to take action. Find out if you need to take action by reading our guidance relating to the EEA and Switzerland.

You may need to deal with the lead supervisory authority in Denmark. Find out more information from the Danish lead data protection authority, the Danish Data Protection Agency

Stay up to date

The UK will leave the EU on 31 October. This page tells you how to prepare for Brexit. It will be updated if anything changes, including if a deal is agreed.

Sign up for email alerts to get the latest information.