NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF A LICENCE PURSUANT TO SECTION 6 TOGETHER WITH REASONS PURSUANT TO SECTION 49A OF THE ELECTRICITY ACT 1989
Notice of Revocation
1. Avid Energy Limited, (company registration number 10026662), having its registered office at Eversheds House, 70 Great Bridgwater Street, Manchester, M1 5ES, United Kingdom, is the holder of an Electricity Supply Licence (“the Licence”) granted or treated as granted under Section 6(1)(d) of the Electricity Act 1989.
2. Section 6(8) of the Act provides that a Licence granted or treated as granted under the Act may be revoked in accordance with any term contained in it.
3. The terms of the Licence provide that the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority (“the Authority”) may at any time revoke the Licence on giving not less than 30 days notice to Avid Energy Limited where it agrees in writing with the Authority that the Licence should be revoked.
4. By letter, dated 7 October 2019, Avid Energy Limited requested revocation of the Licence.
5. The Authority is satisfied that any arrangements required to be made in accordance with the terms of Standard Licence Conditions 7-10 of the Electricity Supply Licence have been made if applicable.
6. The Authority hereby gives notice that with effect from 29 October 2020, the licence shall be revoked.
Reasons for Decision
7. The Licensee requested in writing to the Authority that the Licence should be revoked in accordance with paragraph 1(a) of Schedule 2 of the Licence by letter dated 7 October 2019. The Authority agrees the revocation shall take place.
Duly authorised on behalf of the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority