NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF A LICENCE PURSUANT TO SECTION 6 TOGETHER WITH REASONS PURSUANT TO SECTION 49A OF THE ELECTRICITY ACT 1989
Notice of Revocation
1. Better Energy Supply Limited, (company registration number 07176401), having its registered office at 10 Castle Quay, Castle Boulevard, Nottingham, NG7 1FW, United Kingdom, is the holder of an Electricity Supply Licence (“the Licence”) granted or treated as granted under Section 6(1)(d) of the Electricity Act 1989.
2. Section 6(8) of the Act provides that a Licence granted or treated as granted under theAct may be revoked in accordance with any term contained in it.
3. The terms of the Licence provide that the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority (“the Authority”) may at any time revoke the Licence on giving not less than 30 days’ notice to Better Energy Supply Limited where it agrees in writing with the Authority that the Licence should be revoked.
4. By letter dated 27 January 2020, Better Energy Supply Limited requested revocation of the Licence.
5. The Authority is satisfied that any arrangements required to be made in accordance with the Standard Licence Conditions 7-10 of the Electricity Supply Licence have been made if applicable.
6. The Authority hereby gives notice that with effect from 20 March 2020 the Licence shallbe revoked.
Reasons for Decision
7. The Licensee requested in writing to the Authority that the Licence should be revoked by letter dated 27 January 2020. In accordance with paragraph 1(a) of Schedule 2 of the Licence, the Authority agrees the revocation shall take place.
The Official seal of the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority here affixed is authenticated by – Lesley Nugent
Authorised in that behalf by the Authority