As we set out the next price controls to regulate the gas distribution networks from 2021 (RIIO-GD2), we’ll be running events, forums and seminars to get your input alongside our formal consultation process.
Here you can find information on what’s coming up, and download presentations and outputs from our stakeholder events.
For working group information and outputs, see:
For information on our enhanced stakeholder engagement, see our RIIO policy challenge groups section.
For investor updates, see our Investor Relations section
RIIO-GD2 upcoming events
There are no current scheduled events.
If you would like more information on our planned stakeholder engagement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
RIIO-GD2 price review timeline
- Summer 2018: RIIO-2 framework consultation and decision. This stage encompassed a review of the overall RIIO framework so far and assessed if we needed to make any changes.
- Winter 2018/19: RIIO-2 sector specific methodology consultation. This stage encompassed setting the sector-specific price control methodologies for the gas distribution, electricity and gas transmission operators, and the electricity system operator.
- Summer to autumn 2019: We asked network companies to submit their business plans and issued a call for evidence on stakeholder views on the plans.
- Spring 2020: Ofgem RIIO-2 challenge group and network company customer engagement and user groups submitted independent reports on the proposed network company business plans. The aim of these independent groups is to ensure consumers have a stronger voice in challenging each network company on how their needs and views are accounted for in the plans.
- Summer 2020: We will publish our draft determinations on the price control allowances and will consult on our proposals. We expect to do this July 2020.
- Winter 2020: We publish our final determinations on the price control allowances. Subject to consultation, we expect to do this by December 2020.
- 1 April 2021: Price control effective.