NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF A LICENCE PURSUANT TO SECTION 6 OF THE ELECTRICITY ACT 1989
Notice of Revocation
1. Greater London Authority, having its registered office at City Hall, The Queens Walk, London, England, SE1 2AA is the holder of an Electricity Supply Licence (the “Licence”) granted or treated as granted under Section 6(1)(d) of the Electricity Act 1989 (the “Act”).
2. Section 6(8) of the Act provides that a licence granted or treated as granted under the Act may be revoked in accordance with any term contained in it.
3. Paragraph 1(e) of Schedule 2 of the Licence provides that the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority (the “Authority”) may at any time revoke the Licence on giving no less than 30 days’ notice to Greater London Authority where it has not commenced the licensable activity within 1 year after the date on which the Licence comes into force or has ceased to supply electricity to all customers.
4. The licensee has ceased to supply electricity to all customers.
Reasons for Decision
5. The Authority has decided that the Licence should be revoked in accordance with paragraph 1(e)(i) of Schedule 2 of the Licence because the Licensee has ceased to supply electricity to all customers. In accordance with paragraph 1(a) of Schedule 2 of the Licence, the Licensee has agreed with the Authority that the Licence should be revoked.
6. The Authority hereby gives notice that, unless the Authority otherwise directs, the Licence will be revoked with effect from 10 March 2020.
The Official seal of the Gas and Electricity
Markets Authority here
affixed is authenticated by –
Authorised in that
behalf by the Authority