Ofgem has appointed Octopus Energy to take on supplying Effortless Energy Ltd’s (trading as Go Effortless Energy) approximately 2,500 domestic customers and small number of non-domestic customers. This follows a competitive process run by Ofgem to get the best deal possible for customers.
Octopus Energy is offering customers a competitive tariff. All outstanding credit balances, including money owed to both existing and former domestic customers of Effortless Energy, will also be honoured.
For existing customers, energy supplies will continue as normal as they switch over to Octopus Energy on Saturday 5 September 2020.
Customers of Effortless Energy will be contacted over the coming days about the changes. If customers wish to switch supplier they should shop around. Customers will not be charged exit fees if they decide to switch to another supplier.
Philippa Pickford, Ofgem’s director of retail, said:
“I am pleased to announce we have appointed Octopus Energy for the customers of Effortless Energy. Their energy supply will continue as normal and domestic customer credit balances will be honoured.
“Octopus Energy will be in contact with customers over the coming days with further information. Once the transfer has been completed, customers can shop around for a better deal if they wish to.”
Octopus Energy will be in touch with customers with direct debits to explain how to set up their account.
More information for Effortless Energy customers can be found on the Ofgem website.
Notes to editors
- Effortless Energy customers will be supplied by Octopus Energy as of Saturday 5 September 2020. Accounts will be fully set up over the coming weeks.
- Octopus Energy will be in touch with customers in the coming days. Any questions customers have should be directed to Octopus Energy: call 0808 164 1088, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit octopus.energy/go-effortless.
- Octopus Energy will honour the credit balances of current and former domestic Effortless Energy customers.
- Current and former customers who owe money, or are in debit to Effortless Energy should wait to hear from Octopus Energy or Effortless Energy’s administrators.
- Octopus Energy will be in touch with customers with direct debits to explain how to set up their account.
- Customers can find support and advice on the Ofgem website. Alternatively, if they need additional support, they can call Citizens Advice on 0808 223 1133 or email them via webform, or get in touch through Ofgem’s facebook or twitter feed @ofgem
For media, contact
Michelle Amos: 020 7901 1881
Media out of hours mobile: 0792 882 9894 (media calls only)
General enquiries (non-media)
If you are an energy customer looking for help and advice, including complaints about energy firms, please see our Household gas and electricity guide. Citizens Advice also provide a free, impartial helpline service across a range of issues on 0808 223 1133.
We also regularly share news and post general advice to help consumers get the most out of their energy services via our @Ofgem twitter and Facebook pages. If you have an enquiry or complaint relating to Ofgem’s policies or functions, contact us at email@example.com or on 020 7901 7295.
For all other non-media related enquiries, please visit our Contact us page.
Ofgem is Britain’s independent energy regulator. Our role is to protect consumers now and in the future by working to deliver a greener, fairer energy system. We do this by:
- Working with Government, industry and consumer groups to deliver a net zero economy at the lowest cost to consumers.
- Stamping out sharp and bad practice, ensuring fair treatment for all consumers, especially the vulnerable.
- Enabling competition and innovation, which drives down prices and results in new products and services for consumers.
For energy insights and updates straight to your inbox from Ofgem, please subscribe.