NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF A LICENCE PURSUANT TO SECTION 6 TOGETHER WITH REASONS PURSUANT TO SECTION 49A OF THE ELECTRICITY ACT 1989
Notice of Revocation
1. ScottishPower Renewables (UK Assets) Limited (company registration number SC587734), having its registered office at 320 St. Vincent Street, Glasgow, G2 5AD, United Kingdom, is the holder of a Electricity Generation Licence (“the Licence”) granted or treated as granted under Section 6(1)(a) of the Electricity Act 1989 (“the Act”).
2. Section 6(8) of the Act provides that a licence granted or treated as granted under the Act may be revoked in accordance with any term contained in it.
3. The terms of the Licence provide that the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority (“the Authority”) may at any time revoke the Licence on giving not less than 30 days’ notice to ScottishPower Renewables (UK Assets) Limited where it agrees in writing with the Authority that the Licence should be revoked.
4. By email dated 20 January 2021 ScottishPower Renewables (UK Assets) Limited requested revocation of the Licence.
5. The Authority hereby gives notice that, unless the Authority otherwise directs, with effect from 16 April 2021 the Licence shall be revoked.
Reasons for Decision
6. The Licensee requested in writing to the Authority that the Licence should be revoked in accordance with paragraph 1(a) of Schedule 2 of the Licence by email dated 20 January 2021. The Authority agrees that the revocation shall take place.
Duly authorised on behalf of the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority