Phase 1: Summer 2020 of the Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF) opened in June 2020, and the competition ran from 20 July to 28 October 2020.
Thirty nine applications from this competition, totalling around £31 million, have been approved for funding subject to due diligence checks. We will publish details of successful awards here in due course.
Please note that different guidance documents will apply in future windows.
Phase 1 project types
Phase 1 provided funding for:
- projects deploying technologies that improve the energy efficiency of industrial processes
- feasibility and engineering studies into energy efficiency and deep decarbonisation measures for industrial processes
- organisations within the manufacturing SIC codes 10-33
- data centres
The funding was allocated as grants:
- the minimum grant companies could receive for energy efficiency deployment projects was £250,000
- the total eligible costs for engineering studies had to be at least £100,000
- the total eligible costs for feasibility studies had to be at least £60,000
- Innovate UK is managing Phase 1 delivery for England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- at least £30 million of funding was available
Get in touch
For more information about the Fund, please contact Innovate UK:
- by email email@example.com
- by calling the helpline on 0300 321 4357 between 9.00-11:30am and 2.00-4:30pm, Monday to Friday
If your site is in Scotland, find out about the Scottish Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (SIETF) or contact the Scottish Government at IETF@gov.scot.