To help us design a Green Heat Network Fund, we’re seeking your initial views and evidence on:
- the state of the heat network market and the supply chain
- the financial, technological and consumer drivers for heat network decarbonisation
- the potential project pipeline for the fund
- examples of best practice in scheme design
We are also seeking data which will inform our analysis and modelling.
The call for evidence is open to everyone with an interest in this area. In particular, we are keen to hear from:
- heat network operators
- energy companies and network operators
- energy investors
- technology suppliers
- consumer organisations
- local authorities
- housing associations and other social housing providers
- property and housing developers
- large businesses and SMEs
- financial institutions
- Energy Service Companies (ESCOs)
- Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs)
- Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs)
- heavy heat users
This Pipeline questionnaire accompanies the call for evidence, and aims to find heat network projects that could potentially transition to low-carbon heat generation if support was available. We are also interested in projects that may be suitable for GHNF. We would be grateful if potential applicants for GHNF support could complete this alongside their response to the call for evidence.
See the BEIS consultation privacy notice.
Please do not send responses by post to the department at the moment as we may not be able to access them.